Secretary to General Manager
The General Manager Secretary works in close collaboration with the Resort Manager & other Department Heads to perform routine clerical and administrative functions.
She drafts all correspondence, schedules appointments, organizes and maintains paper and electronic files as well providing information to all team members of Constance Halaveli Maldives
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Assist the General Manager by organizing appointments and carrying out clerical, technical, administrative and general office duties.
- To carry out all activities of the department as per established resort standards and procedures.
- Arrange meetings, (e.g. with Head of Department/s, suppliers) and travel for the General Manager (Diary management).
- Preparation of files for appointments and assembling background information.
- Operate computer for the preparation and maintenance of a variety of documents, correspondence, reports and related materials, utilize word processing, desktop publishing, spreadsheet, database or other software as required by the position.
- Attend meetings to record official action and significant parts of discussion and prepare draft of minutes for review by the General Manager before distributing to the concerned parties.
- Type and print letters, memorandums, confidential reports, presentations, agendas for meetings, management correspondence, and other documents. Editing, formatting, proofreading, assembling and binding of documents.
- Prepare, review and distribute correspondence, reports, forms, memorandums and documents.
- Order office stationery, and carry out inventory of office supplies.
- Operate, clean regularly and recommend to the General Manager maintenance needs for all office equipment.
- To be responsible for any losses, damages, and proper storing of all equipment and stationeries found in the Secretary Office.
- To be proactive and creative when attending to any VIP’s, guests / visitor’s query and dissatisfaction under General Manager’s guidance.
- Liaise at all levels within the company as required and facilitating communication between the General Manager and other team members of the resort and also the public at large e.g. suppliers.
- Work as part of a team and establish a two way communication network between peers and yourself.
- Ensure that operating costs are kept to a minimum.
- Initiate and carry out general filing according to an established filing system.
- Greet and screen visitors.
- Answer telephone calls (screen calls) and make phone calls on behalf of the General Manager.
- Carry out small research projects and prepare specialist documents.
- To keep the office clean and tidy at all times.
- Recommend new and revised office procedures as appropriate to the General Manager.
- To be familiar with the hotel’s emergency plans – in case of fire, tsunami, bomb threat and so on; and procedures for “Lost & Found” items.
- To give active support to other departments on request by the General Manager.
- To be fully aware of any promotions, special events and packages organised by the resort as per Daily Event Sheets and weekly highlights.
- Having an eye for details to improve the quality of service by continuously being creative and taking initiative.
- Any other cognate duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the General Manager to facilitate the smooth running of the resort.
- Update and send out Weekly Highlights.
- Updating of Corporate information.
- Assist with Site Inspections, on occasion co-host dinners.
- Check attendance of department heads and take down minutes of the meetings