- Job Level
The Sommelier maintains quality standards in conformity to Constance Halaveli Maldives corporate identity.
He also produces and works with the Head Sommelier in all wine orders as well as a monthly wine sales analysis.Duties and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Plan, co-ordinate and control all wine organization and activities.
- Apply and ensure application of standards and procedures as define in the operating manual.
- Apply and ensure application of procedures and regulations concerning hygiene and safety as well as alcoholic beverage service.
- Make sure that all material and equipment made available for wine service is correctly used and participates in inventory taking.
- To be able to manage the wine service in the different outlets and to have product knowledge in wine and also other alcoholic beverages such as cocktails, beers and spirits.
- To guide guests in their choice of wine to accompany their food and to advice them on any other accompaniments to a meal such as classic aperitifs, cocktails, cigars, digestives as well as liqueurs.
- To work closely with the Head Sommelier to compile the wine list.
- To ensure that all stock deliveries are properly documented and stored to the correct temperature to prevent the minimum wastage.
- To assist the Head Sommelier in training other staff on wine knowledge.
KEY RESULTS AREAS
The Key Results Areas for this position are:
- Ability to work within the standards of the Hotel
- Knowledge of the different wines at the cave of the Hotel
- Professional and customer oriented
- Handling guest’s complaints