The Steward is responsible to maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the Kitchen and its related outlets and premises, garbage rooms and to ensure a constant supply and control of all operating equipment for the Kitchen Dept. in a manner consistent with the standards required by the hotel.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire assigned work area.
- Clean the Kitchen premises and ensure that they are kept in an excellent state of tidiness and cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure that clean and sanitized operating equipment is supplied constantly to those needing it.
- Employ the correct standards and methods of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Operate the dishwashing.
- Operate the pot wash when required.
- Store away equipment in their appropriate places.
- Clear away bins and dispose of garbage.
- Report all breakage
- Do the inventory of amenities and supplies.
- Ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.
- Adhere to the conduct codes established by the hotel.
- Maintain a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors
- Promote Energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the Green Globe Policy.
- Report any faults and repairs needed to the immediate supervisor immediately.
- Participate in training as and when required by Management
- Maintain grooming as per standards at all times
- Minimum 1 year’ experience
- School Certificate
- Well-Groomed and good appearance
- Communicate effectively in English & French
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude