- Job Level
The waiter serves a table according to the standard procedures. He controls the cleanliness, condition and completeness of place settings, plates and dishes, table cloths and napkins on tables.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not limited to the following areas and activities:
- You are responsible for a clean and proper mise en place.
- To send the silverware for polishing to the stewarding department as assigned by superiors.
- Carry food and beverages from kitchen / bar to service area professionally.
- Serve guests according to set standard and procedures.
- Collect soiled dishes from the tables and service stations and to dispatch to dish washing area.
- Assists Chef de Rang in their tasks
- Maintain cleanliness in the Restaurant, service station and back area.
- Set up display/buffet counter with plates/ name tags / cutleries for different services.
- Complete mise en place before the service starts
- You are assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Pick up requisition from storeroom as assigned to set up tables and serve meals.
- Assist in greeting and seating the guests.
- To know the menu as well as chef’s specials, buffet items and beverage list.
- Answer to guests queries and to refer any complain / suggestion to Outlet Manager or his Assistants.
- Take Guests order and process same on Micros
- Ensure table is cleared once guests have finished their meal, raise bill on Micros and present to Guest.
- Proceed to Front Office for cash billing, collect receipt and handover to Supervisor/ manager in charge who will process billing and settlement on Micros.
- For card payment, to direct same through the Supervisor/ Manager in charge.
- Before bidding farewell, ensure that guest has correctly signed their bill and settle accordingly.
- Maintain grooming as per standard at all times
- To participate in training courses as provided by management ?
- School Certificate
- NTC 3 in Food & Beverage
- Minimum 1 year's experience
- Well-Groomed and good appearance
- Communicate effectively in English & French
- Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Positive Attitude