The Al Habtoor Group has embarked on a rapid expansion plan its Hotels Division in recent years.
This division takes great pride in the fact that, while a home-grown operation, the Al Habtoor Group competes on a global scale with the many international chains that are active throughout the region.
As the Middle East's longest established hotel group, it has decades of experience, and has carved out a reputation for its exemplary service, and unique properties in the best locations
Metropolitan Hotel Dubai is currently searching for Female Front Office Receptionists available with the following qualifications:
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a courteous, positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Presentable with clean and friendly appearance
- With strong interpersonal and communication skills
- With outstanding telephone etiquette
- With understanding of front desk operations and works with great attention to detail
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- With good time management skills
- In depth knowledge of administrative and clerical protocols
- With knowledge of customer services practices
- OPERA knowledge is an advantage
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, satisfying guest expectations from arrival through to Departure.
- Maintains effective communication with all related departments to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Maintains good working relationship with all Front Office employees with particular emphasis on Guest Service Agents and Guest Relations.
- To receive guests, prepare accounts, take payment and attend to guest requirements.
- Check correspondence and allocate rooms.
- Check-in guests and issue key cards.
- Greets guests on their arrival ensuring they feel expected and welcome.
- Ensures that the guest receives the accommodation he/she is expecting.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of hotel and local services and supply information and respond to guest queries.
- Deals swiftly, efficiently and sensitively to guest complaints and follows through.
- Maintain awareness of guest profiles through the Opera guest profile system.
- Using Opera Front Office systems, processes accounts from check-in through to check-out, ensuring posting of food & beverage and ancillary charges.
- Receives payment by cash, cheque, credit card or account, adhering to company Credit Policy.
- Provides currency exchange service.
- Complies with all laid down systems and procedures.
- Records all instances of refused business, with reasons for refusal.
- Attends pre-shift team brief and responsible for end of shift handover.
- To have a full knowledge of daily, monthly and yearly targets.
- Maintains department notice board and ensure that all employees are aware of new issues.
- Ensures that the Front Office Manager is informed about all the Front Desk developments.
- Maintains the reception log book, filing system and stock/stationery.