Director of Security
Competitive Expatriate Package
Full job details
The overall scope of the Director of Security is to ensure that safety and security measures in the hotel are observed at all times.
The job of Director of Security is executed satisfactorily when:
- Develop and approve a contingency plans for all areas of security.
- Security employees are supervised and ensure they discharge their duties effectively.
- 24 hour security coverage is provided throughout the Hotel.
- Knowledge of all local laws is understood and adhered to.
- Play an active role as a member of the Hotel’s Emergency Response Team
- Effective access control, key control and material control systems have been put in place as measures of preventative security.
- All surveillance equipment is operated and maintained according to standards.
- Traffic Management has been organized and set up and the relevant people informed and trained.
- Supervision and assessment of contracted security company is completed daily
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Appropriate skills training is given to team members in order to meet guests’ needs and maintain standards.
- Understand and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensure that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- All emergency procedures are practiced and enforced to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Be conversant with every detail of the hotel’s layout and the location and function of sprinkler system, smoke detectors, firefighting equipment, emergency exits, fire control room, fire indicator panels, emergency evacuation, public address systems, emergency assembly area outside the hotel, fire/bomb threat and security procedures, hotel service lifts and first aid equipment.
- Establish operational procedures for activities such as fire prevention and firefighting, traffic control, guarding and patrolling physical property, orienting and monitoring of personnel involved with classified information.
- Handle investigation and reports all claims regarding thefts, accidents, injury, property damage, vandalism and trespassing from guests, visitors or hotel personnel with the assistance of local police if necessary.
- Review scheduled functions, group or VIP arrival events and discuss special instructions with all relevant departments.
- Establish smooth working relationship with local authorities and liaises with them on all required regulations and activities.
Competencies & Requirement:
- Planning/organization skills
- Flexibility, initiative
- Results oriented
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment. Arabic and English is a must, Additional language is beneficial.
- Preferably UAE experience
- Minimum 3 years in the same role in a 5 stars hotel or resort.