Front Office Intern
Full job details
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to Accounting specifications.Candidate Profile Experience
Service School Hotel School is an added advantage-Preferred
Skills and Knowledge
Excellent command of English oral and written communication skills – Arabic or other European Language is an added advantageDiplomatic
Tolerant for all guests and colleagues (regardless of race , sex , color or religion)Positive Proactive & responsible Ability to make decisions Friendly & a people person Fast Learner Team player
Able to get on well with people from many different backgroundsAble to work under pressure at times Ability to handle multitasks at the same time Able to do shift work Ability to handle cash Ability to “sell” Knowledge of Dubai is preferred but not essential Business Results
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share.
- Report to work on time in proper, clean uniform with name tag
- Personal appearance & grooming must confirm with standard
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies and procedures
- Be knowledgeable about hotel procedures and check all bulletins for information
- Get a daily briefing about all special events and group arrivals
- Have knowledge about all guest rooms , features and amenities plus all services offered by the hotel
- Each associate is expected to carry out any request by management which the associate is capable of performing
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers
- Be knowledgeable of Marriott Rewards , Elite program and other Frequent flyer programs as required
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines
- Answer the telephone according to telephone etiquette
- Know how to handle safety deposit boxes
- Ensure cleanliness of work areas at all times
- Utilize spare time for cleaning
- Prepare drinks and towels in advance for big groups
- Keep all equipment clean at all times
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required
- Ensure that all guest problems are solved by using GUEST RESPONSE procedures
- Assist fellow associates on their jobs to ensure completion of all jobs on time
- Have knowledge of all emergency procedure and know how to act on them
- Be flexible with regards to work schedule
- Have knowledge about the city and local attraction to answer any guest query
- Report any unusual occurrence or requests to the manager
- At all times strive to be an ambassador for Marriott
- Be disciplined at all times, stand alert and tall at the lobby
- Greet guests immediately and offer assistance before guests ask you
- Focus your total attention to your customers
- Use all communication means including FD logbook
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.