Credit Manager (Multi-Property)
Full job details
Dubai is a cosmopolitan city built on irrepressible ambition and unsurpassed luxury. Home to the world’s tallest building, the largest shopping mall, the iconic Palm Jumeirah and now the landmark JW Marriott Marquis Dubai, it is a place for those who seek the best the world has to offer.
The Marquis brand is a quality standard for the finest properties in the Marriott portfolio, synonymous with intuitive service and refined taste. The JW Marriott Marquis Dubai has instantly gained status as one of the region’s most compelling destinations, offering service and facilities that have been carefully crafted around the expectations of the world’s most discerning travelers.
Comprising two iconic towers, the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai stands elevated above Dubai’s Business Bay on Sheikh Zayed Road, the heart of one of the most desirable locations in the city.
The hotel features elegantly conceived accommodation, outstanding event and business facilities, a collection of 14 stylish bars and restaurants and the haven of health and relaxation that is Saray Spa and Health Club. A marriage of rich and colorful cultural inspirations and design finesse makes it a destination with distinctive character and ambience.
This is a multi-property role, based at both the JW Marriott Marquis Dubai and also the Dubai Marriott Harbour Hotel & Suites.
The Credit Manager looks after the day-to-day operations of accounts receivables, ensuring that invoices being sent out are correct and dispersed in a timely manner. Follows up on any delinquent accounts. Researches and decides upon credit authorization for incoming customers.
Education and Experience
• 4-year bachelor's degree in Finance and Accounting or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Generates and provides accurate and timely results in the form of reports, presentations, etc.
• Compiles, codes, categorizes, calculates, tabulates, audits, or verifies information or data.
• Completes accounts receivable period end closing functions and procedures; credit and period end reporting.
• Upholds the policies and procedures outlined in the credit policy.
• Interacts with sales and catering staff for timely credit decisions on incoming customers.
Demonstrating and Applying Accounting Knowledge to Credit Management Issues
• Demonstrates knowledge of job-relevant issues, products, systems, and processes.
• Uses computers and computer systems (including hardware and software) to program, write software, set up functions, enter data, or process information.
• Uses relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards.
• Keeps up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
• Stays knowledgeable of accounts receivable system.
Leading Credit Management Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Staffs, manages and develops all billing and accounts receivable employees.
Maintaining Finance and Accounting Goals
• Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
• Ensures profits and losses are documented accurately.
• Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Monitors all taxes that apply, ensuring that taxes are current, collected and/or accrued.
• Ensures property billings are sent error free and in a timely manner.
• Monitors receivables for timely collections and follows up with appropriate collection correspondence.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting and budgeting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Maintains positive working relations with customers and department managers.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.