DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of the entire assigned work area.
- Clean the Kitchen premises and ensure that they are kept in an excellent state of tidiness and cleanliness at all times.
- Ensure that clean and sanitized operating equipment, FF&E is supplied constantly to those needing it.
- Employ the correct standards and methods of cleaning and sanitizing.
- Operate the dishwashing.
- Operate the pot wash when required.
- Store away equipment in their appropriate places.
- Clear away bins and dispose of garbage.
- Report all breakage
- Do the inventory of amenities and supplies.
- Ensure that any breakdown of equipment and services are immediately reported and dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Ensure that in the context of the operations, all standards of management for the environment and its related legislation are strictly observed.
- Adhere to the dress, appearance and conduct codes established by the hotel.
- Maintain a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviours
- Adhere to fire alarm or any emergency statutory procedures in the event of fire.
- Promote Energy efficiency and environment and identify improvement to support the Green Globe Policy.
- Report any faults and repairs needed to the immediate supervisor immediately.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in stewarding operations on a similar position
- Previous experience in a 4* or 5* in an Island Resort or in a remote location
- Expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays