Chef De Cuisine - Gastronomic Restaurant
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to the following areas and activities at management discretion. Direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- Be responsible for the day to day and operations of the Outlet.
- Collaborate with Outlet Manager on daily basis.
- Supervise the performance of all kitchen employees
- Control costs to ensure maximum department profit is achieved.
- Contribute to creation of new menus and recipes.
- Control and analyze on an on-going basis, the following:
- Quality levels of production and presentation in their respective areas.
- Guest satisfaction
- Interaction with Guests
- Cleanliness, sanitation, and hygiene
- Correct usage of kitchen equipment and utensils
- Responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all food items to ensure highest quality at all times.
- Be responsible for maintaining effective employee relations.
- Assist with Banqueting when required.
- Be responsible for conducting formal and on-the- job training sessions for kitchen employees.
- Assists the Executive Sous Chef in the completion of market lists in accordance with Ephelia quality and quantity standards. Checks perishable food items received for quantity and quality standards.
- Informs on a daily basis the Executive Sous Chef of all relevant information in operational and personal matters, including information.
- Completes daily inspections of physical aspects of all kitchen areas, cold rooms and equipment.
- Provides hands on supervision and assistance in all Kitchen areas
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Culinary Qualifications is a must (formal European training)
- Minimum of 6 years of experience including a previous experience in a 5* Luxury Hotel
- At least 2 years of Experience in Michelin Star restaurant at Chef de Partie level or higher
- Previous island or a remote location experience is preferable
- Flexible, adaptable and open to change new experiences
- Excellent people management skills
- Single status only