Demi Chef - 55&5th The Grill
Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Any assignment given by the management,
- Respecting and ensuring full responsibility of HACCP and Hygiene standard.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• Learns through daily practice, observance and study the various culinary skill
• Works in assigned section, following orders given by his superiors.
• Attends training classes as per scheduled training plan.
• Provide high standard of cleanliness and hygiene and keeps food and fuel waste to a minimum.
• Learns the hotel’s fire and safety precautions and how to operate the kitchen firefighting equipment.
• Cleans his work utensils and area periodically and at the end of his shift.
• Attend the daily briefing and know the daily functions.
• Should know to fill all the HACCP forms in a regular basis.
• Ensures that refrigerators walk in chillers and walk in freezers in his assigned section are clean and properly arranged, as per established standards.
• Assists Chef de Partie to prepare, cook and present food specific to a section as per the required standard in the established manner
• Shares responsibility with Chef de Partie for the supervision and training of Commis, Apprentices & Trainees
• Ensures freshness and suitability of products used by the section and their appropriate storage, as per established standards
• Co-operates with all other sections, at all times
• Reports any equipment of the section requiring repairs and maintenance to his supervisors
• Responsible for the daily operation of assigned section in the absence of the Chef de Partie.
• High School or Culinary School
• HACCP certified level 3/Person in charge Certification.
• 5 Star hotel experience.
• First aid/fire trained.
• Personal achievement’s competition experience.
• Minimum 2 years between Job Relocations.