Digital Marketing Executive/Graphic Designer
Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
We will provide you with plenty of training and development opportunities as well as growth within the Company.
Our accommodation is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with large villas, a pool, gym, tennis court, basketball court and a grocery shop. You will certainly feel at home!
We are looking for people who are passionate about great service, going the extra mile and personalizing our guests’ experience.
For more information on Starwood please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Scope of the Job:-
The types of projects will include but are not limited to: retouching imagery and resizing artwork; developing new promotional collateral, both print and online; design and print of in-house promotional items such as posters, flyers etc; design of menus; developing logos; creative EDM’s for hotel’s activities and promotions; websites and other marketing tools that require graphic design initiative; corporate gifts; event invitations; presentations; video/flash editing; and advertisements.
Responsibilities also include the supervision of brand consistency standards within the relevant properties, liaising with printers for specifications, managing the print process, ensuring printing quality at all times and following design briefs and guidelines. The successful applicant will possess strong knowledge in branding, identity, typography, photography and layout, as well as having excellent attention to detail, project management skills, innovation and creativity
Duties & Responsibilities:-
• Responsible for the creation and in-house printing of all collateral across the hotel.
• Work together with the restaurant managers in the design of the menus across all managed restaurants
• Support the marketing team in the execution of all online and offline tactical marketing campaigns
• Support the Spa team with the creation of all spa collateral, including menus, invitations, tactical campaigns
• Design the creative assets for all online platforms including the many different websites and social media platforms
• Assist the Human Resources team with the design of all staff communication tools, including newsletters, invitations and message boards
• Support the sales team with the creation of fact sheets, presentations and flyers.
• To ensure accurate printing specifications are provided to printer. Responsible for liaising with printer on color proof approval to ensure color accuracy and image quality.
• Maintain relationship with purchasing team and printing companies
• Support tactical marketing calendar for promotions/events of the hotel (including tactical campaigns) and ensure utilization of all internal channels to increase campaign exposure and drive revenue to hotel
• Work together with the Marketing Specialist in communicating with the different databases through newsletters and HTML campaigns
• Support drive of Starwood Preferred Guest loyalty program through creative design and implementation of best practices
• Support the Marketing Manager Manager on the many different Social Media channels.
• Support marketing team with the organization of promotions and events when required
• Assist with maintaining website updates
• Assist in the creation of a monthly marketing report
• Assist with proofreading of advertising, press releases and editorials
• Assist with video and photo shoots when required (scheduling, be available on the day of shoot to help with set-ups)
Skills and Knowledge
• Detail oriented with a track record of follow through and delivery
• Good project management skills
• Ability to follow and put into action, instructions from the marketing department
• Apple Mac / PC literate with competency in all major design computer packages
• Strong creative ability in the following software is a must: Adobe Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Dreamweaver and Flash is a plus.
• Fluent in Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
• Strong creative abilities in HTML coding is an advantage
• Knowledgeable about working with corporate brands
• Experience and knowledge re the specifications for printing-related matters
• Knowledgeable about file conversions (PDF, mpg, JPEG, TIFF, EPS, ae, mp3, mp4, avi)
• Ability to create innovative design projects and implement them
• Excellent product and technical knowledge
• Strong communication skills (verbal, listening, writing)
• Strong organizational and time management skills to meet expectations, deadlines and commitments
• Enthusiastic with a positive outlook and flexible mind set
• Willingness to work and learn
• Understanding of Starwood brand principles & marketing standards
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Graphic Design Degree
• At least two years’ experience in a graphic design role in any of the following industries: media, advertising, design, marketing communications, corporations
• Fluent in written and verbal English is a must
• Written Arabic is an advantage
• Involvement in Marketing projects
• Assisting with website update
• Other ad hoc duties as required
• Assist with special events and other community projects
• The graphic designer also acts as official photographer to professionally capture activities and events for future promotional purposes and to support social media content requirements.