Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
We will provide you with plenty of training and development opportunities as well as growth within the Company.
Our accommodation is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with large villas, a pool, gym, tennis court, basketball court and a grocery shop. You will certainly feel at home!
We are looking for people who are passionate about great service, going the extra mile and personalizing our guests’ experience.
For more information on Starwood please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Revenue & Reservations
Job Function / Summary:
To assist the Revenue Manager and the Reservations team in providing an efficient and friendly Reservations service, and to maximise revenues to achieve budgeted and forecasted targets.
1. Reservations and Revenue Procedures
2. Assigned projects
3. Service Quality
4. Standard Compliance
5. Communication Skills
6. Telephone Skills
• To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while promoting the Hotel, our Restaurants, and the Spa through good selling and communication skills.
• To achieve an optimum level of occupancy and average room rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are met.
• To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans, together with special rates and packages.
• To maximise room revenues, and create additional revenue, by utilising effective Upselling techniques.
• To comply at all times with the Hotel Reservations Standards and Procedures.
• To liase daily with the Revenue Manager regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
• To attend the Daily Sales Meeting with the Events team to communicate results, ensuring the information is accurate at all times.
• To attend and participate in the monthly Sales Strategy and Brainstorming meeting, Reservations Feedback meetings and other departmental activities as required.
• To deal with faxes, correspondence checking (VIP’s, regular guest, SPG’s…), group allocations, and to respond to guest requests on a daily basis.
• To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the Reservations Department.
• To complete the Freesale charts on a weekly basis for companies with rooms on allocation.
• To maintain a high standard of communication with all departments.
• To host Client dinners with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required.
• To actively and consistently enroll Starwood Preferred Guest Members to develop brand loyalty and to meet departmental targets.
• To complete additional tasks as and where directed by the Revenue Manager.
• To generate Sales Leads for potential Corporate Accounts.
• To participate in Community Action Initiatives within the Hotel.
• To participate in STAR teams focusing on improving guest satisfaction.
• To achieve targeted scores in all Test Call programmes assisting the Hotel to maintain its ratings.
• To ensure Profiles are maintained, merged and updated on a regular basis to provide accurate Company, Agent and Individual Guest information as directed by the Reservations Co-ordinator.
• To maintain the Reservation files in an up to date and accurate manner.
• To work closely with Front Desk and Events to maximise Guest Satisfaction.
• To access HOTSPOT on a daily basis and remain updated about company happenings.
The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Arabic Speaking would be a great advantage, previous experience in reservation or Front Office department