Bartender - Four Points by Sheraton, Downtown
Full job details
We are looking for a proactive Bartender with an ability to prepare and serve beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, in a professional manner. Responsible for ordering and stock control of the bar.The Bartender will be required to conduct their duties in a courteous, safe and efficient manner, in accordance with the hotel’s policies and procedures, ensuring that a high level of service is maintained.
About the Job:
1. Set and maintain par levels on all beverages.
2. Daily stock orders/requisitions.
3. Maintain equipment par level. Purchase equipment when required, with management authorization.
4. Fill out all stock transfers.
5. Fill out all spillage reports.
6. Responsible for daily cleaning of the bar.
7. Control all glassware, maintaining breakage reports, and liaise with the Stewarding Dept. to order more stock.
8. Ensure a thorough knowledge of the workings of your Department.
9. To understand and act on the duties pertaining to the opening of the bar.
10. To understand the correct method of taking an order and dispensing in the correct manner.
11. To implement correct portion control of beverage.
12. To have a practical working knowledge of all equipment within the bar.
13. To understand fundamental mixed drinks, cocktails and wines.
14. Conduct the correct procedures to secure the bar.
15. Monitor and understand production controls.
16. To follow the correct method of handling returned drinks.
17. To undertake the full details of a Food and Beverage Attendant when required.
18. Uphold the Starwood Cares culture by demonstrating the Star Service Standards at all times to guests and fellow associates.
19. Personally ensure compliance with all relevant Workplace Health & Safety and Occupational Health & Safety rules, and related Four Points by Sheraton and Starwood Policies.
20. Anticipate guest’s needs through observation and offer prompt, efficient service either personally or through effective communication with other associates.
21. Align working practices and conduct with Four Points by Sheraton Visions; consistently strive to meet and exceed the expectations of both internal and external guests.
22. Undertake additional duties as requested by the Supervisor or Hotel Management.
1-2 years’ Experience in Hospitality industry preferably in a 4 star international hotel chain.
Good English communication skills both written and verbal
Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
Excellent grooming standards
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
About Four Points by Sheraton
Business meets pleasure. With nearly 200 Four Points hotels in more than 30 countries, travelers can find the timeless style and comfort they’re looking for with genuine service and everything that matters most, all around the world. From Santiago to Shanghai and Milan to Milwaukee, Four Points hotels can be found in big urban centers, by the airport, near the beach, and in the suburbs. A recent $1 billion invested in renovations, conversions, and new-build hotels has made the brand stronger than ever. Four Points by Sheraton, like all brands within Starwood’s portfolio, is proud to offer the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®) program, the industry’s richest loyalty program. To learn more, visit www.spg.com. Stay connected to Four Points on facebook.com/four points.
FOUR SQUARE: https://foursquare.com/v/four-points-by-sheraton/4c162782a1010f4761024f18