Full job details
To manage the maintenance services by providing information; achieving defined objectives by planning, evaluating, developing, implementing and maintaining services in compliance with IFA RS established guidelines, codes, and regulations; and supervising and directing assigned staff.
A successful candidate should have:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or related field.
- 7 – 10 years of related experience with minimum of 2 years experience in a Managerial role.
- Building MEP / FM experience in the hotel industry or high end mixed use and Residential Development operations in a managerial position.
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic languages.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- High organizing and planning skills.
- Computer literacy.
- Concern for Order & Quality.
Main duties and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop and ensure the implementation of IFA RS Maintenance policies, processes, templates, procedures and formats in order to improve the quality of building services practices.
- Carry out daily property inspections of the building common areas and facilities and ensure that common areas are presentable and free from hazards at all times.
- Conduct condition appraisals, risk assessments & compliance audits.
- Obtain quotations for repair, maintenance and repairs of the common areas and facilities. Liaise with suppliers about work to be carried out at these areas, or other areas that will the base building.
- Manage and monitor the performance of all services being delivered at the premises and provide a monthly report on the performance of these services against their KPI’s and SLA’s.
- Ensure to be the single point of contact for all services including and not limited to: site access; timings of work; site inductions; site inspections by 3rd parties; Government agencies; quotations… etc.
- Prepare and maintain a stock list of all materials available in store, and present the stock list to the Client as and when required.
- Maintain a schedule of all Third Party Certifications and Inspections and inform the Client of any failures or expirations. Ensure the schedule is maintained and up to date available as and when required by the Client.
- Ensure that arrangements are made for the prompt rectification of issues/faults that are mandatory requirements and/or prevent or restrict the above certifications.
- Conduct the periodical internal status meeting (weekly, bi-weekly, etc.) to present the project status and agree on major and key milestones and ensure proper management of the project in order to deliver the project successfully.
- Ensure all communications and correspondences with the contracting companies are recorded and filed accordingly for future reference.
- Manage and maintain effective business relationships with contractors and sub-contractors.
- Monitor performance and training needs of direct reports – in order to maximize subordinate and functional performance in the pursuit of functional objectives.
- Recruit and develop in coordination with IFA RS Human Resources the talent to achieve the department’s goals, as well as proactively developing team members for future growth.
- Prepare and submit progress reports (daily, weekly, monthly, etc.) to top management that cover all project activities including tock list of all materials available in store, important verbal communications, external visits, employment and equipment check and other related fields.