Bartender - The Venetian Village
Abu Dhabi National Hotels (ADNH) was founded almost four decades ago as a hotel owner and asset manager and has evolved into a hospitality group that encompasses hotels, restaurants, destination management services, catering and transportation.
ADNH has developed an operator division, managing a portfolio of hotels and hotel apartments in prime city locations under the umbrella of Al Diar Hotels brand
Under its Hotels Division, ADNH owns some of the most reputable and recognizable hotels in the Emirate and beyond: The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal; Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel and Villas; Sheraton Abu Dhabi Hotel & Resort; Le Meridien Abu Dhabi; Hilton Abu Dhabi; Hilton Al Ain; Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach.
The group’s restaurants division is represented by the collection of innovative food and beverage concepts under the umbrella of the Venetian Village, wherein franchises of internationally acclaimed restaurant brands are operated in an exclusive setting within the grounds of The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi, Grand Canal.
Inakaya serves traditional robatayaky Japanese dishes; Brasserie Flo invites to a casual French dining experience; Todd English’s Olives restaurant brings in not only the beloved Italian and Mediterranean tastes, but also a celebrity chef name as a valuable addition to the city dining landscape.
Barfly – a concept developed by the Buddha Bar creators – is the supper club that rounds off the dining offering of the destination.
ADNH’s other hospitality divisions encompass Al Ghazal Transport and ADNH Compass.
To be considered for this position, the right candidate should work efficient and be flexible in the working environment. The successful candidate must be confident, engaging and have an accessible approach, with the skills to upsell and suggest the right products. He/she should have impeccable attention to detail, along with outstanding food and beverage knowledge and the ability to work in a team with different nationalities.
Your main responsibilities as a bartender are:
- Greet the guest, present menu, make suggestions, take order and serve beverages according to our restaurants standard procedures.
- To make cocktails in accordance with our restaurants beverage standards, using full standard measures.
- Creating new cocktails for each season, writing the recipes, preparing costing's.
- Performing menu engineering and updating the beverage list.
- Set up bar at the start of opening, including liquor, icing, glassware, juices and garnishes.
- Process drink orders in proper calling order directly from service staff, to check for correct number of drinks and manage billing quickly and efficiently.
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- The ability to requisition, pick up, verify, and put away all requisitions for beer, wine, juices, soft drinks and food items used for the bar areas.
- The ability to ensure that the bar is stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed.
- Clean glasses, utensils, and bar equipment.
- Assist with clean-up, mopping floors, removal of cans and bottles, general cleaning of rails and counters.
- Checks on guest satisfaction, attends to guest needs and complaints with proper follow up by informing the Management or Supervisor.
- Presents check and perform cashiering function
- Performing daily and monthly inventory to control par level and stock.
- Any other task as directed by the management