Finance Assistant - Accounts Receivable - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.
About the role
To manage and deal with all matters pertaining to customer’s credit and collection of outstanding debts
- Know and observe the credit policies of Jumeirah International / SBU.
- Investigate customer’s credit worthiness through various available means and to recommend credit approval or disapproval to SBU management.
- Ensure that all transfer to City Ledger through Income Auditor do agree with the clearance accounts
- Send invoices / folios promptly by courier or mail on timely basis
- Ensure that bills are correctly supported by valid documentation i.e. authority letter, vouchers etc
- Answer clients’ queries relative to invoices promptly, professionally and courteously.
- Liase with Credit Manager at all times regarding guest queries, credit card charge backs and open balances and general credit terms.
- Ensure that room rate charges to travel agents are in accordance with the contract.
- Ensure that group billings are completed as per contract.
- Prepare and forward to the credit Manager and Accounts Supervisor i/c A/R for review and signature all City Ledger adjustments that need to be made before either inputting them through the Sales Ledger, or before the Income Audit posts them.
- Ensure that all City Ledger charges are received from the cashier.
- Ensure that folio transfers go to the right account.
- Ensure that credit granted to corporate/special clients are in accordance with their contract and pass on discrepancies to Credit Manager’s attention.
- Point out errors omissions if any.
- Ensure prompt collection of cheque payments and delivery of invoices
The ideal candidate will:
- Be dynamic, focused, proactive and result-oriented
- Be highly capable to multi-task and manage a wide range of projects simultaneously
- Be driven to perform high with output combined with an eye for detail
- Have self-initiative and independent judgment
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Be a creative thinker whocan bring energy tonew projects
- Must hold a College Diploma or Equivalent in Finance
- Must of worked at least 2 years in a previous role
- Communication skills
- Analytical Skills
- Microsoft Package software proficiency