Hostess (Russian Speaking)
The first duty when getting to work is making sure that it is organized and ready for operation.
- Make sure all menus are wiped down, free of spots or stains, and complete.
- Make sure entry doors are clean, free of debris and inviting.
- cashiering and assisting the operations when necessary
- Check with manager to assure there are no large or private parties that are not know about.
- Plan out the seating chart and organize the reservations (planning is everything when running an effective host stand).
- Greets guests, escorts them to their table, pull seat out for the ladies, and present menus.
- Make sure the server is aware they have been sat.
- Keep an eye out that the dining room, entryway, bathrooms, and menus are kept clean throughout operations.
- Attends to guest’s queries / complaints and coordinates activities of dinning room personnel to ensure prompt and courteous service to patrons is met.
- Say good-bye to all of the guests. Check to see that everything was wonderful. Not only is the host or hostess the first impression the guest gets when they come to an establishment they are also the last.