Assistant HR Manager - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
To assist the Director of Human Resources in ensuring that core company values, hotel and departmental business objectives are met through supporting and influencing departmental managers.
To manage the HR function operationally on daily basis thorough effective planning and organizational leadership skill to achieve productive, quality and satisfaction of our internal customers.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
1. Assist the Director of HR in all disciplinary and investigation procedure and ensure hotel policy and legal compliance.
2. Assist in the resourcing/recruitment to ensure talent pipeline both internally and externally.
3. Manage colleague services like accommodation and colleagues’ restaurant to ensure that cleanliness and services are maintained at appropriate level of standard.
4. Manage colleague transport services and ensure that we provide safe, timely and convenient support for their wellbeing and engagement.
5. Manage the colleague events programme relating to accommodation and hotel programs
6. Ensure colleague medical services are consistent and offer good level of medical support to colleagues and maintain a healthy workforce.
7. Manage all government relations requirement liaising with Government Relations Manager / Visa’s Embassies and institutions in coordination with the Resourcing Officer.
8. Supervise organization of year round events to maintain high moral within colleagues like monthly Team Meetings celebration, Room to Talk Forum, General Managers get together, Eid celebration, staff party, New Year party, Service Week, Employee Survey.
9. Ensure that all activities are completed with the best possible result and within departmental financial guidelines, budgets and manning levels.
10. Ensure all relevant colleague information is updated in Civil Soft system.
11. Monitor the Performance Management Cycle for CP Doha colleagues, lease with Learning & Development Manager to ensure that all IHG guidelines are followed in this regard and run efficiently.
12. To be involved in HR / hotel related projects to support the business and personal development.
13. Manage all purchasing request and procedures for the department.
14. Directly handle the exit interview and end of service process.
15. Ensure that the HR department follows standards in relation to HR and Brand Audit and achieves required ratings.
16. Work with the legal policies as specified by the Qatari government and to apply all company policies and procedures in required areas.
17. Provide quality feedback and accurate statistics to higher management as required.
18. Perform all tasks as directed by Dir. of Human Resources in pursuit of the achievement of business goals.
19. Cooperate with the company to achieve compliance with Fire, Life and Safety legislation
20. Take moral and legal responsibility for colleagues conducting themselves in their work so they do not expose themselves or others to risk.
21. Not undertake any activity which compromises personal FLS, or the FLS of others.
22. Report all accidents, dangerous occurrences, or hazards, no matter how minor, to the Supervisor or Heads of Department.
23. Submission of regular reports as required in a timely manner
Responsible for: Transportation, Colleague Medical Services, Colleagues Events, Colleagues Housing, and Cafeteria Administration.
1. Due to the nature and scope of the work and challenges in obtaining a family visa for dependents in case of female gender, the preferred candidate is male (but this does not mean that we will not consider strong female applicants!)
2. Ideally completed a 4-year Bachelor Degree in University setting (not Diploma/Certificate/On-line courses) specially if the candidate is married
3. Must have working experience in the Middle East
4. Minimum of five years experience in Human Resources and/or L&D xposure an advantage including two years experience in the same or similar role
5. Excellent skills in Power Point presentation and good knowledge in video production
6. Excellent communication skills in English language, both oral and written. Other language proficiencies would be an advantage.
6. Demonstrates strong people management and inter-personal skills
7. Experience in conceptualizing, organizing and executing events for colleagues
8. Energetic and creative
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees