This role will assist the Purchasing Manager on the day to day Administrative Functions
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the newly built Fairmont Ajman opened in May 2015. The hotel is in close proximity to both the Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Expedite delivery of purchase orders.
- Assist in preparing request for quotations.
- Obtain competitive pricing (at least 3 Bids) for specifications as directed.
- Prepare budget shells from designer specifications.
- Prepare reports such as bid summaries
- Close project files and maintain project storage log.
- Maintain disclaimers, credit applications and vendor information
- Provide back up for support staff.
- Closely able to work with receiving clerk
- Able to maintain HASAP standard at all level- from sourcing products till storage
- Performing all Admin Assistant Responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in same role is essential.
- Self motivated with strong organizational and communication skills
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective.
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Work with a sense of urgency and detail oriented
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, and MC systems is recommended.
- Able to type 30 words per minute
- Knowledge of the local market is an asset
- Community College diploma or equivalent experience
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 04.Oct.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: AJM00509