- Job Level
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Inventory Manager , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Supervising and assisting with daily warehouse and shipping activities to include: unloading and storage of materials, supplies etc., loading materials, stock to delivery vehicles, filling and distributing orders, ensuring accuracy of shipments and supporting documentation, receiving incoming materials and routing to appropriate areas
- Purchasing within delegated authority, ordering, stocking and issuing supplies, materials etc.
- Managing storage space is utilized efficiently to include: meeting with stakeholders, interacting with end users and Purchasing team to review usage data versus storage space limitations
- Ensuring inventory is effectively controlled to include: accurately storing, recording and reconciling supplies, materials, equipment and conducting periodic and an annual inventory
- Developing and maintaining departmental work instructions for all tasks
- Analyzing storage, equipment, customer service and work procedure requirements and feedback. Make recommendations for improvements
- Ensuring equipment is operational and promptly reporting issues
- Ensuring warehouse spaces are clean, orderly and organized and operates safely and efficiently
- Assisting with the management of the department budget
- Assisting with recruitment, training, mentoring, scheduling and performance management for assigned team
- Administration: Participating in various meeting, preparing reports as required
- Ensuring compliance with policies, procedures, health and safety protocols
- Assisting team as required
- Performing other related duties
- 2 years’ relevant storekeeping experience, to include 1 year supervisory experience, preferably in a high volume resort or comparable environment
- Ability to safely operate a forklift, pallet jacks as well as other warehouse vehicles and equipment
- Clean Driver’s License is an asset
- Ability to perform physical activities: heavy manual work, lifting and moving stock, pushing, pulling heavy materials, equipment, boxes etc.
- Superior organizational, communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, customer service, time management, analytical, supervisory and team skills
- Proven ability to exercise good judgment in developing alternatives and/or recommending, implementing solutions
- Must be detail oriented and multi-task
- Ability to interact tactfully and effectively with all levels of the organization as well as vendors and other stakeholders
- Basic computer skills to include using a computerized procurement system for receiving, stock control etc.
Visa Requirements: Only applicants who are Bermudian, a Spouse of Bermudian or hold a Permanent Resident's Certificate are eligible for this position. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.