Culinary Operations Coordinator
Culinary Operations Coordinator
As our coordinator you will provide an extensive range of administrative duties to the culinary and stewarding teams and be a significant contributor towards ensuring the seamless operation of these vital services.
Hotel Overview: Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Preparing payroll for all culinary and stewarding colleagues
- Assisting with recruitment i.e. coordinating interviews and preparing associated documentation, spreadsheets etc.
- Preparing minutes for all department meetings
- Recording performance evaluations
- Maintaining assigned departments' records
- Preparing various reports
- Liaising with various departments for banquet functions, ordering, reporting equipment malfunctions etc.
- Recording daily cafeteria menu for colleagues
- Ensuring the office and records are organized and tidy
- Adhering to all policies and procedures including health and safety
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma
- Secretarial Diploma an asset
- 3 years relevant administrative experience
- Proven record of effectively working with positions at all levels
- Superior analytical, organization, prioritization, detail-oriented and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), customer service
- Able to perform efficiently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, demanding, multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Able to learn various computerized systems required
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications required
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting up to 20 lbs
- Occasional bending, stretching, pushing and pulling
- Able to tolerate exposure to various temperatures
Visa Requirements: Only applicants who are Bermudian, a Spouse of Bermudian or hold a Permanent Resident's Certificate are eligible for this position.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 24.Sep.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01388