Reigning from Bermuda's highest point, over a majestic 100 acre estate, The Fairmont Southampton is located on the southern shore of Bermuda. The Fairmont Southampton has been the island's premier luxury resort since its opening in 1972 and is regarded as a leader in the hospitality industry on the island.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Restaurants & Banquets, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Working with the Chef to create and implement all menus, promotions and increase of sales
- Scheduling and daily planning reporting as well as monthly sales forecasting.
- Assisting in preparing an annual budget and managing the outlet within set budget guidelines
- Ensuring cleanliness and safety of outlet is maintained
- Ensuring strict wine and liquor controls through opening and closing inventories, as well as preparing month end inventory reports to meet budgeted targets
- Assisting with marketing and promoting business
- Overseeing P.O.S. System (MICROS) and ensuring pricing is accurate
- Hiring, training, managing, developing and evaluating team
- Ensuring service standards are maintained
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree, Diploma or Certification in Hotel/Restaurant Management an asset
- 3 years Food and Beverage supervisory experience required
- Previous experience as a Restaurant Manager an asset
- Excellent organization, communication (verbal and written, fluent in English) and interpersonal skills
- Proficient with Micros P.O.S. System, Word and Excel preferred
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Non-Bermudian candidates will need to qualify for a Bermuda Department of Immigration work permit applied for by the Fairmont Southampton Hotel.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 01.Oct.2016, 3:59:00 AM Job Number: SHP01381