Cost Controller Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
. The Cost Controller is responsible for monitoring the hotel inventories, the cost of sales and implementing internal cost controls .
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Prepare and analyze hotel costs on a monthly basis and recommend alternatives to improve costs.
- Assist in the monthly inventories count
- Establish and maintain a database for the hotel's inventory stock including up-to-date pricing.
- Ensure proper storage and issuance of all items.
- Establish and maintain a cost allocation transfer system for the hotel
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program.
- Previous hotel accounting experience (Minimum 3 years preferred).
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to motivate employees and proven leadership skills.
- Familiarity with Financials System, Lanmark, Fidelio, Reporting System, Micros POS and Excel
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must be willing to accept assignments on as need basis, in order to promote teamwork.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to the position.
- Must be self-motivated and possess a high degree of analytical ability and confidentiality, and work in a safe, prudent and organized matter.
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 01.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00052