Income Auditor Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
As the Income Auditor to define the scope, duties, and responsibilities to verify the daily work, to supervise the day-to-day activities and to perform any other audit functions as defined in the Company’s policies and procedures .
Hotel Overview: Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Finance Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Verifying, monitoring, and reviewing all hotel revenue reports and night audit reports.
- Ensuring that daily revenues and settlements are in balance.
- Summarizing revenue and settlement information in a Journal Entry format associated with the proper back office chart of account numbers and descriptions.
- Completing various management reports as required by accounting management depending on the needs of hotel operations.
- Completing various other accounting tasks and duties as required by accounting management.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks, Must have a thorough working knowledge and willingness to assist in other accounting functions as assigned.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to Income Audit.
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Ensure that the banquet department’s revenue postings are correct and follow up on errors and discrepancies.
- Verify and/or reconcile all revenue centers as reported in the Income Journal daily.
- Review and balance rebates, paid outs, miscellaneous charges and staff charges to the Property Management System.
- Review housekeeping discrepancy report.
- Monitor rebates, allowances, house charges, and paid-out amounts to ensure that each account is properly authorized and has relevant explanations.
- Review telephone charges from in-house administration.
- Review F & B voids to verify authorization and adequate backup information.
- Balance the property management telephone postings with the call accounting system’s summary of guest charges.
- Accounting designation or enrollment in a recognized Accounting Program an asset
- Familiarity with financial system and Microsoft Office, computer literate in
- Fidelio, PMS, Reporting System and Excel
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Able to type 25 words per minute
Must have the ability to handle cash effectively and accurately
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 30.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00054