Kitchen Hygiene Supervisor
Kitchen Hygiene Supervisor Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
Kitchen Hygiene Supervisor
Our Hygiene Supervisor will assist implementation and compliance to our Environmental Health & Safety Management System. In addition, this individual will coordinate and ensure that hygiene and food safety guidelines are met with the implementation of HACCP System as mandated by Dubai Municipality
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Summary of Responsibilities: Reporting to the Executive Chef, re sponsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct Risk Assessment periodically and ensure identified risks are managed and controlled
- Monitor trends and recommend pro-active action plans to remedy potential problems
- Facilitate, investigate and analyze incidents/accidents and make sure lessons learned are shared and communicated to the concerned parties, verify the continuing implementation and effectiveness of the Operations with regards to EHS.
- Assist in managing all Occupational Health and Safety & hygiene related matters
- Carry out investigation on all alleged food poisoning cases.
- Assist the Culinary and F&B teams in HACCP implementation and certification
- Monitor and ensure Health and Safety related equipment are compliant to local legislation and international standards, and have the required maintenance and third party certification
- Ensure Senior Management involvement and awareness in Environment, Health and Safety & Management System (EHSMS) and solve issues through training, inspections, communications, and direct coaching.
- Manage and coordinate EHS Audit, third party visits related to EHS. This will include visits by the authorities, authorized insurance companies and consultants, ensure all EHS activities are in accordance with the local legislation and Fairmont Standards, generate projects aimed at the continuous improvement of EHS performance of the SBUs Operations
- Manage and ensure the EHS yearly strategy is implemented by all departments, liaise with HODs to ensure that EHSMS, programs and initiatives meet Fairmont EHS standards
- Produce monthly EHS reports and identify trends and occurrences
- Ensure monthly Executive summary is updated and sent with regards to any EHS related matters
- Inspect large function venues to ensure that it falls within the EHS guidelines, including the food hygiene and Fire and Safety
- Identify and meet employee training needs in relation to HS and develop and deliver training sessions to managers and colleagues
- Support Managers in maintaining safe systems of work and implement best practices including providing specialist advise, coaching and practical support
- Conduct Workplace Inspections, Internal Audits and Risk Assessment in the Hotel periodically and ensure identified risks are managed and controlled report to the Executive Chef relating to non-conformances for action.
- Conduct refresher and ongoing basic food hygiene training for all colleagues
- Assist in external Food and Beverage implementation and up keep of HACCP rules with the property
- Degree in Food Safety or Microbiology required
- Advanced Food Safety Certificate required
- HAACP Internal Audit Certificate required
- Train the Trainer from TSI or Highfield preferred
- Previous leadership experience in the culinary field
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 24.Sep.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00041