Spa Operations Manager
Spa Operations Manager Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
Spa Operations Manager
The Spa Operations Manager will assist with the oversight of the entire Willow Stream Spa facilities; consist of separate male and female sections including eight treatment rooms, relaxation areas, steam, sauna, Jacuzzis, and locker rooms. State of the art health club facilities that include two outdoor terrace pools, a fitness center and a fitness studio. The primary responsibility of the Spa Operations Manager is to ensure optimum guest and employee satisfaction.
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Spa, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Welcomes and assists guests’ according to FHR and Willow Steam Spa Brand Standards
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide warm, anticipative service to exceed the needs and expectations of our discerning guests
- Possess knowledge about all aspect of Willow Stream treatments and the facility to ensure guests are provided with accurate information, and inquiries are responded to with complete details.
- Conducts selection interviews for new hires
- Works with the Spa Director in the formulation of plans for projects and other areas
- Responsible for the administration & implementation of colleague training in all aspects of the Spa’s operations
- Provides hands on support and guidance and ensures services provided are in accordance with Willow Steam Spa brand standards of performance and sequence of service
- Maintains knowledge of all spa services, products, experiences and fitness facilities
- Maintains the inventory of supplies for the administration of the spa facility
- Seeks the spa’s ability to maximize revenues by analyzing the day-to-day booking, future bookings and coordinating schedules and services with the spa team accordingly
- Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, and cash-handling policies and procedures
- Conducts department performance appraisals in a timely manner
- Ensures colleagues adheres to all hotel & spa service & brand standards
- Follows Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Reports suspicious people, behavior, and vehicles to Hotels Security
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Previous experience is an asset
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, and radiate enthusiasm to assist people
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written) with a second or third language as an asset
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, and able to work with little or no supervision
- Minimum of two-year leadership experience in spa industry, preferably previous Willow Stream Spa experience
- Licenses in Massage Therapy and/ or Aesthetics/ Cosmetology are an asset
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, Opera PMS system, SpaSoft, and Micros is recommended
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 01.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00035