Director Of Sales
Director Of Sales Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
Director Of Sales
This position is accountable for managing the total sales efforts of the Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort. This includes the generation of all revenues consistent with the company objectives; implementation of sales performance management systems; market segmentation analysis for Group, Corporate, Wholesale, and Transient. Additionally, this position is strongly involved with Key Customer relationships and takes an active role in the business community by being involved in the various trade organizations such as Chamber of Commerce, Convention & Visitor Bureau, Business Councils
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides leadership in the areas of Sales and Catering Conference Services, works closely with the Cluster Director of Sales and Marketing. - Directing, managing and coordinating an efficient and effective sales plan for the hotel.
- Ensures all sales reporting systems are efficient, relevant and coordinated.
- Areas of responsibility include Sales components in all revenue areas.
- Recruits and provides appropriate support to new sales employees to ensure their ultimate success.
- Responsible for generating month, quarter and year end reports and present to CDOSM.
- Develop and motivate staff, consistent with the hotel needs through implementation of approved personnel programs and execution of succession planning.
- Ensures superior sales service delivery to all customers.
- Supports Global Sales Offices and monitors the working relationship and production
- Identifies key customers and establishes goals for existing and new key accounts through the establishment of detailed action plans for each of the hotel's market segments
- Achieves budgeted room night quotas and average rates set out in the yearly business plan for the hotel.
- Ensure the installation, maintenance and operational efficiency of in-house sales technology and systems management.
- Provides guidance in preparation of monthly reports, backlog, tracking of account room nights in the group, Corp IT, and tour and leisure market segments and guides the development of customer action plans.
- Coordinates the hotel's participation in multiple property and company-wide campaigns.
- Knowledgeable about the competitive set and will be on top of market share statistics.
- Efficiently manages the Sales Budget
- Through own behavior, emphasizes Brand Selling and lead referral.
- Strongly involved in business community and trade organizations with a focus on securing incremental business and enhancing the position of the hotel in the market.
- 8 to 10 years of hotel progressive experience at the property level. At least 5 of which have been managing sales personnel.
- Formal University/College education, preference given to those with a hotel management degree. - Experience in the advertising field and former association with an ad agency.
- Proven organizational and communications skills. -Delphi & WordPerfect computer literacy are an asset. - Working knowledge of Windows.
- Knowledge and experience in the tour and Corp IT is essential; familiarity with the convention market segments and leisure market segments is an asset .
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation .
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : Yes, 100 % of the Time Closing Date : 30.Sep.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00031