Housekeeping Coordinator Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
The Office Coordinator will oversee and direct the Housekeeping Office in all aspects. Keep progress up to date and confirm that any misunderstanding is being handled.
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- To report for duty punctually, wearing the correct uniform & name tag at all times.
- Answer the telephone as per the hotel standard.
- To run various status reports in order to do opening shift and prepare room assignments.
- To review logbooks for special requests and instructions.
- To answer the phone and log all messages.
- To control the pager distribution & return.
- To track room status: 000, V/C, 0/C
- To coordinate VIP rooms , make up rooms .
- To monitor the issuing of keys.
- To log all lost & found items.
- To maintain filing systems.
- Keep close contact with Engineering with reference to main tenancy repair & out of order rooms.
- To inform security of any emergency brought to Housekeeping’s attention.
- To prepare and monitor room status reports for possible discrepancies.
- To update room status whenever required.
- To distribute VIP assignments.
- To respond promptly & politely to any requests from Royal Service. Details to be noted in the logbook and follow up accordingly.
- To issue keys according to floor assignments.
- To maintain a high standard of personal hygiene at all times.
- To maintain close contact with the Front Office & Floor Supervisors with reference to arrivals & departures.
- Maintain good working relationships with your own colleagues, superiors & other departments.
- Know the fire & safety rules of the hotel.
- Execute any other tasks as required.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to resolve situations involving guest challenges
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point and Internet usage
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 03.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00123