Accountant Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
As the role of Accountant you will be responsible to establish the job scope, duties, and will be assist Director of Finance & Business Support to apply your leadership and analytical strength, where the high standards for accuracy and thoroughness will inspire the same among your team.
Hotel Overview: Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reports to Director of Finance and Business Support, lateral working relationships with the department heads. Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist Director of Finance in providing accurate and complete financial and management reports on a timely and accurate basis to hotel management, corporate office and owners in accordance with the company and ownership reporting requirements and policy. In addition, you will be also responsible for reporting accurately and timely, the actual results as compared to budget/forecast results. To maintain adequate records to reflect the comparison of the actual expenditures for furniture, equipment and operating equipment to the budgeted amounts.
- Costs are properly matched to revenues and recorded in the proper accounts.
- Month-end information is transmitted to Corporate and Regional offices in timely and accurate basis. Based on the detailed instructions sent out on verification of totals from the Financials System and the Reporting System.
- Preliminary statements are delivered to Executive Committee and Department heads month-end and final statements as per the reporting calendar.
- Assist Director of Finance in identifying monthly commentary of results is clear and concise with major issues.
- Assist Director of Finance of commentaries are submitted timely with action plans to address deficiencies and a look towards the future.
- Assist Director of Finance in:
- Accuracy is high priority for all managers, and they are held accountable. The range is not more than a 3-5% change from the last forecast.
- Meetings are held monthly to critique past forecast accuracy and prepare current forecast.
- Forecast is reviews with management monthly and provided to corporate recipients on a timely basis.
- Accountable for the development, documentation and maintenance, within hotels, to ensure compliance with the requirements of internal/standard controls.
- All laws and fiscal regulations of the area location, which effect financial matters of the hotel, will be complied with. This includes seeing that proper permits and licenses are obtained for such things as liquor licenses, sellers permit, business licenses, etc.
- The safe keeping of all lease and contracts and any other legal records and documents, which may affect the financial status of the hotel. Such documents are to be listed and keep current on the Critical Date List.
- To ensure that hotel accounting department is operating efficiently and at an optimum staffing levels, so that there are succession plans in place for the top three positions.
- To recommend and assist in the design, implementation, and use of methods and procedures that improve the accuracy of working schedules, labor standards; forecast plans to assist operational staff. Monitor on an ongoing basis the accuracy and recommend correct measurements as necessary.
- Assist Director of Finance in developing, implementing and monitoring credit and collection procedures and guidelines pursuant to “adopted” corporate credit policies.
- Will be highly motivated team player with strong accounting, communication, and analytical skills. Strong systems background needed.
- Perform other similar or related duties as necessary.
- Succession planning efforts are part of everyday activities. Those colleagues with growth capabilities are identified and put on specific training program.
- Assist Director of Finance in reaching job description updates, etc. are timely and per policy.
- Accounting staff receive proper training per year. Examples would include cross training, Sales and use Tax, Excel, etc.
- Open lines of communication are maintained to reduce turnover and grievances.
- All company related recoveries are accurately calculated and booked in accordance with the Chart of Accounts.
- Payment is made to the Company within the contract terms, 30 days.
- Accounts are properly recorded in the chart of accounts and reviewed for material changes quarterly on the commentary report.
- Accounts are reconciled by 20 th day of next month following the close of month-end.
- Tax rates used are current and accurate.
- Proper amounts are collected / accrued by the 20 th .
- Taxes are paid on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that all applicable permit and licenses are in place.
- Maintain Hotel Insurance requirements.
- A thorough knowledge of policies and procedures required.
- A thorough knowledge of understanding and proper application of policies and procedures.
- A high level of integrity (Personal, Control, Accounting and Policy) is maintained.
- Operating / business issues are reviewed and resolved with Director of Finance.
- Issues surrounding Accounting, Policy or Controls are reviewed with Director of Finance.
Maintaining all of the hotel’s accounting records in the manner prescribed by corporate office to comply with legislative requirements and contractual
- Senior Leadership experience in accepted accounting practices and principles required.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline required
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
and walking throughout shift
- Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 15.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00026