Purchasing Coordinator Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
Direct and manage the purchasing activities. Assist in development and implementation of purchasing procedures to process bids and purchase orders and ensure compliance with applicable state laws and Fairmont Fujairah regulations
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Purchasing Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the purchase of materials and equipment, requests for contract purchases, informal quotations, and negotiations.
- Assist in the preparation of all documents, including notice and instructions to vendors, specifications, and form of proposal.
- Assist in receiving and evaluating formal bidders or vendors and make recommendations for approval.
- Assist in obtaining and studying comparative prices and quotations make purchasing decisions based on information obtained.
- Initiate contact with vendors to check on supply and equipment availability, invoices, purchase orders, and contracts.
- Prepare purchase orders and review for accuracy.
- Detect, research, and resolve purchasing issues and problems with incorrect orders, invoices,
- Approve purchase orders and monitor all purchase requisitions to determine correctness of information, calculations, coding, etc.
- Administer contracts and handle adjustments with suppliers, including replacement of material not conforming to specifications, cancellation of orders, and ensuring receipt of proper credit.
- Maintain and prepare depreciable assets list including depreciation schedule.
- Maintain procurement cards, petty cash and meal monies.
- Prepare and maintain vendor database and lists.
- Prepare correspondence, forms, manuals, reports, purchase orders, and payment authorizations using personal computer
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Prefer accounting degree in business or
- Knowledge of competitive bidding statutes and purchasing procedures
- Knowledge of auditing and accounting principles
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency skills in keyboarding and file maintenance
- Ability to work with numbers in an accurate and rapid manner
- Ability to develop spreadsheets, databases, and do word processing
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 30.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00124