Nurse Primary Location : United Arab Emirates-Fujairah-Fairmont Fujairah Beach and Resort Employee Status : Regular
The Hotel Nurse is primarily responsible for the health and well-being of all colleagues at the Fairmont Fujairah
Located on the east coast of the United Arab Emirates with sweeping views of the Gulf known for its natural beauty set against the backdrop of the historic Hajar Mountains. The hotel consists of 180 rooms and residences, along with a marina and beach club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides primary health services to employees and guests as required
- Enrolls employees in medical health plans as required and administers eligibility periods and notifications for enrolments
- Conducts monthly audits of enrolments, waivers, terminations to ensure invoice accuracy
- Processes claim forms for reimbursement of medical services for employees
- Ensures the Hotel clinic is in proper working order and fully stocked with appropriate supplies and medications
- Liaises with clinics, physicians and hospitals to obtain updated medical information for colleagues
- Coordinates medical examinations for employee visas and Food Handlers cards as per government and municipality regulations
- Ensures that all First Aid boxes in the Hotel and are adequately stocked
- Ensures all confidential employee medical records are current and entered into the system
- Tracks employees who are on sick leave and ensure that the appropriate payroll information is entered and advise Managers on employee’s return to work status
- Inspects the Employee Dining Rooms and Kitchens on a regular basis to ensure that cooks comply with health and safety regulations
- Works with Security Department and the Training Manager to provide First Aid Training to Hotel employees as needed
- Is an active member/or presides Health & Safety Committee, identifies and implements new initiatives
- Administers work related injury claims with respect to administering and tracking claims, providing return to work opportunities for employees with work related injuries and implements strategies for reducing work related incidents/accidents
- Complies with Fairmont Ajman policies, procedures and Code of Ethics
- Upholds the highest standard of internal and external guest services at all times
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent English is required
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in high pressure situations
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required.
- Proven self-starter with the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Must demonstrate tact, flexibility and diplomacy at all times and work in an environment of strict confidentiality.
- Proven desire to be involved in maintaining Guest Service Excellence by providing quality service to our internal guests.
- Organized, energetic, creative and professional with strong leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop relationships.
- Highly responsible & reliable.
- Professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response to ‘smile’ on the phone.
- Team player with strong initiative and self-direction
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in the United Arab Emirates. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 30.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: FMA00125