Description Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels. Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
Assists the Director of Human Resources in executing strategies that serve to attract, retain, and develop diverse premiere talent. Position directs and works with human resource employees to carry out the daily activities of the Human Resource Department, including recruitment, total compensation, employee relations, and training and development. Executes against objectives outlined in the Human Resources Business Plan and delivers services that meet or exceed the needs of employees and enable business success. Ensures compliance with applicable regulations and Standard Operating Procedures.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education Essential:
- Bachelor degree/Hotel Management degree
- CIPD qualified or equivalent
- Working 5-7 years in Hotel Industry
- Working currently as HR Manager/equivalent
Skills Required Essential:
- Previous experience in GCC countries
- Talent acquisition skills and expertise
- Conducting disciplinary sessions
- Designing and managing manpower
- Managing day-to-day HR operations
- Planning and conducting associate relations activities
- Surveying/designing compensation packages
- Managing Payroll
- Presentation skills
- Managing/familiar of employee housing facility process and tasks
- Familiar with training & development tools
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing the Staffing and Recruiting Process
- UAE Employment & immigration rules and regulations
- Working knowledge of Oasys payroll system
• Ensures open positions are advertised in appropriate venues to attract a diverse candidate pool. • Ensures the open position listing is in a visible location for both internal and external candidates. • Works with Employment Administrator to establish and maintain contact with external recruitment sources (e.g., state job service, local colleges, recruiting agencies, and community based organizations). • Networks with local organization and peers to source candidates for current or future openings (e.g., Hotel Association). • Facilitates interdepartmental transfers and promotions and transfers or promotions to other properties within this property brand. • Oversees the selection and offer processes for hourly employees to ensure proper procedures are followed (e.g., valid reasons for selection/non-selection are documented, applicants receive status notifications). • Partners with department managers and recruiting professionals to recruit management positions, make hiring decisions and negotiate job offers in accordance with SOPs. Managing Legal and Compliance Practices
• Ensures compliance with key policies (e.g., Sexual Harassment, Non-Harassment, Non-Discrimination, No Solicitation). • Ensures interviews are conducted according to recommended guidelines, consistent screening criteria is used, and only job-related questions are asked. • Ensures wages are paid in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and federal and state laws (e.g., employee pay for meeting attendance, wages limited to maximum rate of pay, entry level rates paid to new hires, overtime provisions in place, separation pay). • Ensures drug screening and background checks are completed in accordance with brand's Standard Operating Procedures. Managing Benefits Education and Administration
• Manages Workers Compensation claims to ensure appropriate employee care and costs management. • Educates employees on benefits package. • Educates HR team on the various types of benefits available and eligibility requirements. • Provides an overview of employee benefits to the management team enabling them to educate their employees and answer routine questions. • Ensures that department has the available resources on hand to administer employee benefits. Managing and Conducting Staff Development Activities
• Ensures hourly performance appraisal processes are in place. • Assists in identifying key drivers of employee satisfaction and supports managers in addressing issues with written plans and actions. • Coaches managers on progressive discipline process. • Ensures development plans are in place (e.g., goals documented, progress towards goal achievement is measured). Managing Employee Relations and Human Resources Communication
• Utilizes an “open door” policy to address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner. • Ensures effective employee communication channels are established and active in. • Analyzes accident trends and reports these trends to the management team. • Monitors work environment for signs of union organization.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.