Director of Information Technology
Full job details
Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel.
JW Marriott is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 70 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. Our associates deliver sophisticated and warmly authentic service in a comfortable and luxurious atmosphere that cultivates fulfilling experiences for both our associates and our guests.
In addition to the functions of a property systems manager, the Director of property Technology manages a revenue-generating function in a large property or multiple properties with a shared infrastructure. Works with property management and Regional IR leadership to participate in the acquisition of technology services for guests through an understanding of the properties specific business/customer base (i.e. convention). Provides strategic leadership for IR services surrounding initiatives and projects and coordinates with regional IR leadership on systems/services to enhance services in a specific property. May have direct reports (property systems manager, property systems technicians) or direct work of on-site shared services staff.
Education and Experience
• BS/BA or equivalent work experience. Additionally, 5-7 years experience in like position.
• System-related professional certifications preferred.
• Previous management experience and demonstrated matrix management skills
• Experienced in network hardware, desktop, peripherals, protocols, communications, operating systems and Marriott internal applications (MARSHA, PMS, NGS, SFA, etc.)
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Projects and Policies
• Functions as on-site project manager who plans and manages both new systems and system upgrades for property site.
• Performs assessments of needs ensuring compliance with budget, standards.
• Determines priorities, schedules, plans and necessary resources to ensure completion of property projects on schedule and according to specification.
• Prepares project plans and monitors on-site.
• Coordinates multiple-vendor projects.
• Ensures compliance to technology-related vendor contracts.
• Responsible for property compliance with appropriate Marriott International Policy and Information Security Manual. Accountable to take action to address deficiencies. Determines solutions and implements per SOP.
• Provides timely, accurate, and detailed status reports as requested
Ensuring Technology Needs are Met
• Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding technology/asset life-cycles. Ensures that necessary property is properly equipped in terms of PCs, hardware, servers, etc.
• Foresees, identifies and resolves system(s)’ performance problems
• Certifies software applications for use at property
• Creates and ensures implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity plans as they relate to technology.
• Ensures property’s technology assets are secure and maintained in accordance with Marriott International policies and standards.
• Possesses advanced knowledge in the areas of data communications, desktop support, and servers/networks. Uses knowledge to solve 2 nd level support issues and train/develop junior staff.
• Ensures availability of current documentation for cabling, network systems, and applications exist
• Reviews networks’ performance and performs design/re-design as needed to meet property needs
• Ensures periodic inventories of applications and hardware are conducted.
Forecasting and Complying with Financial Parameters
• Analyzes, communicates and implements property strategy to drive technology revenue and contribute to property’s overall business success.
• Manages technology profit and loss. Responsible for monitoring and controlling all technology-impacted revenues and expenses generated by the property including, but not limited to: telecommunications, HSIA, business center technologies and A/V
• Ensures that property management has realistically budgeted CAPEX and department operating budgets based on anticipated IT projects and property support/needs requirements.
• Advises and ensures that property management has adequately addressed technology needs in short- and long-term planning.
• Reviews vendor proposals and selects appropriate vendor for technologies/hardware.
Building Successful Relationships
• Communicates IR standards and best practices
• Is expected to present proposals, analyses, projects, cost-models, etc. in a well- written and/or verbally articulate manner.
• Is viewed as a credible leader by subordinates, peers, and senior management
• Provides exceptional customer service.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
• May have direct management responsibility for property-based system managers and technicians. Provides work direction to cluster--based systems technicians and managers.
• Responsible for hiring, training, development, compensation, performance management of direct reports. Additionally, provides performance feedback to Area System Manager on cluster support positions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.