Full job details
The exclusive profession awaits you to be an Ambassador at The St. Regis and be part of a multi-cultural environment, pursue your passion and take the Journey of your career within the signature address at The St. Regis.
Allow Us at St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi!
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
The iconic St. Regis brand extends its legacy to Abu Dhabi, with the St. Regis Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi.
The hotel's air of mystique is created by thoughtful Mediterranean architecture and a contemporary interior design, which is further enhanced by an intelligent use of natural products and elements. This calming ambience flows through the food and beverage outlets that provide sumptuous meals and refreshing drinks all the way to one of the largest function facilities in the region.
Saadiyat Island is a beautiful natural island just 20 minutes from Abu Dhabi International airport and 7 minutes from downtown Abu Dhabi and is destined to become the address of choice for discerning, well-travelled connoisseurs.
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Upon completion of the On boarding training, the 1 month Induction Plan and Service Culture programme, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Reservations Department in providing an efficient and friendly Reservations service,
- Maximising revenues to achieve budgeted and forecasted targets.
It is not the intent of this job description to cover all aspects of the position but to highlight the most important areas of responsibility.
• To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while promoting the Hotel, our Restaurants, and the Spa through good selling and communication skills.
• To achieve an optimum level of end forecasted and average room rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are met.
• To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans, together with special rates and packages.
• To maximize room revenues, and create additional revenue, by utilizing effective Upselling techniques.
• To comply at all times with the Reservations European Core Standards and the Hotel Standards and Procedures.
• To liase daily with the Reservations and Revenue Manager regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
• To attend the Daily Reservations Meeting with the Events team to communicate results, ensuring the information is accurate at all times.
• To attend and participate in the monthly Sales Strategy and Brainstorming meeting, Reservations Feedback meetings and other departmental activities as required.
• To deal with faxes, correspondence checking (VIP’s, regular guest, SPG’s…), group allocations, and to respond to guest requests on a daily basis. To use different selling techniques.
• To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the Reservations Department.
• To complete the free sale charts on a weekly basis for companies with rooms on allocation.
• To maintain a high standard of communication with all departments.
• To host Client dinners with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required.
• To actively and consistently enroll Starwood Preferred Guest Members to develop brand loyalty and to meet departmental targets.
• To actively enquiry for Starchoice.
• English Level: Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
• Education: High School / Hotel School
• Experience: Previous 5 Star Experience
• Languages: Speaking and understanding, reading and writing
• Computer Skills: Pack Office, Opera