Spa Receptionist - The Westin
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,200 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, and the recently introduced Tribute Portfolio™. The Company boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®), allowing members to earn and redeem points for room stays, room upgrades and flights, with no blackout dates. Starwood also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., a premier provider of world-class vacation experiences through villa-style resorts and privileged access to Starwood brands
The Westin Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road
The Westin Dubai, Sheikh Zayed Road, standing 41-storeys tall, will be home to 1004 rooms including 142 suites. The guest rooms and suites will be Westin Heavenly Bed as well as the Heavenly Bath®, stay at the hotel promises guests feeling pampered and invigorated. For dining, the hotel will feature eight venues including Treats, it’s lobby lounge, Seasonal Tastes for global cuisine, Cook Hall a modern gastro pub, Casa Cenatta, a Milanese café, Singaporean Wok Fire, a middle eastern pool restaurant, a cocktail lounge and a roof top club. Other signature features will include the Westin Heavenly Spa, consisting of 20 treatment rooms, the Westin WORKOUT fitness facility and thoughtfully designed Westin Kids Club.
• Provide personalized guest care to guests following their journey from arrival to departure
• Schedule, change and cancel guest appointments.
• Educate and excite guests regarding spa services and products.
• Manage administrative duties of desk including billing transactions.
• Assist with maintaining cleanliness of spa and laundry requirements.
• Accurately schedule all Spa appointments, changes, cancellations and confirm reservations.
• Inform guests of Spa Policies.
• Accurately process all billing and posting for spa and retail services: report any overages and shortages to supervisor
• Meet specific sales targets for upsell and retail sales as set by spa manager
• Communicate with therapists regarding schedule updates and guest requests
• Anticipate guests needs and follow up on details as such for guest service
• Present towel and tea setup to guests and any other amenities as requested by Spa Manager.
• Accurately explain spa treatment menu, promotions, retail, fitness, memberships and packages to guests
• Provide direct personal assistance/support to the Spa Manager whenever appropriate and to ensure the provision of excellent guest service
• Attend all training courses and department meetings as deemed necessary, and must adhere to training as set down by the Spa Manager
• Ensure a clean, maintained and safe environment for the safety, comfort and enjoyment of guests
• Replenish spa amenities and towels as needed throughout the day
• Assist with inventory of retail and supplies as needed
• Report any technical problems with equipment to the appropriate contact immediately
• Maintain a high standard of appearance and personal hygiene as laid down by the Spa Manager
• Organize and facilitate spa group bookings
• Follow through with guests comeback data and prepare thank you notes
• Drive business goals for spa service and retail revenue
• Ensure display of desk and surrounding retail area set and fresh
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to speak and write in English
• Ability to think and respond quickly to issues or guest needs
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Must be Computer literate
• Must demonstrate these other essential traits: Detail oriented; good interpersonal, organizational and professional skills; flexible and easily adaptable; energetic and enthusiastic
High School Diploma preferred
At least 1 year of experience as a receptionist in the luxury hospitality industry. More experience preferred
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.