Junior Sous Chef (Sushi Chef) - Salt - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for a talented Junior Sous Chef to join the Salt Restaurant at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait. The main purpose of this position is to assist in the daily operation of the Seafood specialty kitchen.
- To ensure that the section reports, schedules, standard recipes, menus, food presentation photographs and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Chef de Cuisine in an accurate and punctual manner.
- To assist the Chef de Cuisine with developing menus and "specials" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating procedure.
- To assist the Chef de Cuisine with developing menus and set standard recipes (as per SOPs) which allow the hotel restaurants to run at an acceptable food cost, thereby satisfying guest needs and expectations.
- Plan the preparation, production and cooking of sushi.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Check incoming products, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- Consistently maintain discipline following hotel guidelines and local legislation.
- To liaise with the Chef de Cuisine in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small kitchen equipment, floors and fridges.
- Assists in the building of an efficient team of colleagues by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety, training and development.
- To develop “Chef’s Creations" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept of the hotel.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least two years experience of working in a five star hotel as a Junior Sous Chef or Senior Chef de Partie. It is essential that you will have an experience in Seafood cuisine and Sushi.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have strong written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office as strong communication skills are required.