Housekeeping Attendant, Housekeeping - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role:
An exciting role has arisen in the Housekeeping department at Madinat Jumeirah for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to keep rooms clean and tidy at all times and the pantry areas organized and in order.
Your Main Duties includes:
- Maintain high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all time, report for duty punctually wearing correct uniform and provide a courteous and professional service to internal and external customers to ensure Jumeirah Standards are complied with.
- Constantly being aware of the room status on assigned blocks and public areas and ensures that assigned blocks including the corridors, back of the house areas, stairways, and service pantries are kept safe and clean and to report any defects to team leaders to ensure that the cleanliness and the orderliness in the assigned areas are maintained at all times.
- Ensure all equipment on assigned blocks is kept cleaned and good working order at all times in order to attain maximum life span of all housekeeping machines.
- Ensure complete understanding of and adheres to the policy relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety to ensure accurate procedures are followed in case of emergency.
- Ensure complete understanding in handling housekeeping cleaning chemicals and other equipment to guarantee safety while at work.
- Ensure daily involvement in stocking and organizing supplies so certain adequate supplies are provided to hotel guests.
- Refresh towels, linen, toilet amenities, room amenities, etc. to maintain a comfortable environment for all guests in the resort.
- Perform any other duties that management may reasonably require.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 1 year experience as a Housekeeping Attendant in a 5-star hotel or its equivalent. You must be at least high school graduate or must have a formal housekeeping training certificate and able to communicate English effectively.