Guest Services Executive, SPA Operations - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
An exciting role has arisen for a Guest Services Executive to join the Spa team at the Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this position is to fill in the operational requirements and to sell merchandise and make sales through a high level of customer service at all times towards in and out of house guest and colleagues. This should lead to the smooth operation of the retail shop.
Your main duties will include:
- To provide courteous and professional service at all times.
- Welcome guests, greet guests and members, explain and up sell the facilities and services available.
- Assist in answering all telephone communication with-in three rings observing standards, etiquette, and patience at all times. Handle guest messages and communication needs accurately.
- Ensure guests are directed to desired locations for treatment and connected with the appropriate service.
- Schedule reservations of spa services for guests and coordinate staff schedule to ensure prompt service.
- Assist with administration duties: filing, products supply inventory and other duties required to support management and operations.
- To report all problems and or complaints related to the spa. Communicate via logbook & staff meetings, depending upon urgency.
- To liaise with all related departments confirm reservations, process engineering requests and maintain cleanliness.
- To understand all current activities & promotions within the Spa & Hotel.
- Maintain daily operations, including opening, operating and closing procedures.
- Participate in any scheduled training programs and attend the internal spa meetings.
- Record in appropriate logbook any guest requests, complaints or engineering requests.
- To report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag and follow good hygiene habits at all times.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be a High School or College graduate. It is essential that you have worked in the retail environment and handled large scale retail operations.
You will be a team player, your interpersonal and customer service ability will be excellent.
Proficiency in computer software systems such as MS Office is essential as are excellent communication skills in written and spoken English.