PR and Communication Executive
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Dubai is on Sheikh Zayed Road, facing Dubai International Financial Center and close to the Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Center. The hotel is 22 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport and directly accessible to the Emirates Towers Metro Station.
The 65 storey tower offers 398 modern and spacious rooms and suites, with views of Dubai overlooking Sheikh Zayed Road, Zabeel Palace and Jumeirah Beach from 26th till 61st floor. The hotel's four restaurants and café serve a variety of cuisines from International to Arabic specialties.
Other facilities include the Club Lounge, Business Center, Health Club and Spa. The infinity swimming pool gives views of Jumeirah Beach and the Arabian Sea.
Key Job Responsibilities
As PR and Communication Executive, you are responsible to assist the Director of Sales and Marketing for the development and effective implementation of Marketing and promotional strategies for the positioning of the property as highly desirable to its identified target markets and within the parameters set. Assist in the day-to-day operation of the department together with associated tasks and duties.
- Communicate information about the property’s services, facilities, events and Employees in a positive manner to the market place to ensure effective exposure
- Develop an annual PR & Communications plan for the promotion of the property, Rooms and Food & Beverage goals on a monthly basis
- Handle the issuance of press releases and features about the property to local, national and international media when appropriate
- Establish and maintain close contact with local, national and foreign journalists to maximize positive media coverage.
- Write and keep up to date the property’s press kit, biographies, newsletters and developments
- Manage the online content and imagery of Millennium Plaza Hotel and in the publication of the Employee newsletters and Intranet
- Establish effective relations with Agencies to devise and maximize publicity materials (printed collaterals, radio campaigns, advertising, etc.)
- Manage the advertising function in such a way that all advertisements are effective and reflect a positive image of the company
- Develop and manage effective direct marketing campaigns to identified target markets using either surface or electronic mailing means
- Source sponsorship from various companies, banks, airlines, etc. for promotions and partnership
- Handle the property branding during exhibitions that the company is participating in addition to initiating and organizing events
- Maintain a high profile in the local community attending events, which are helpful to the property’s image
- Provide the Management with creative ideas to project and enhance the image of the property
- Handle all arrangement for photographers on assignment for the property
- Current role within Hospitality industry.
- You should be an advertising, marketing or communication graduate with preferable experiences in a similar field.
- Computer literate with fluent and effective communication skills, verbal and written in English.
- Expert level knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics Software.