Food & Beverage Manager
- Job Level
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth. We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Doha is centrally located in Al Sadd, the commercial district of Doha and just 25 minutes away from Hamad International Airport. The 5 star hotel has 232 guest rooms and suites offering spacious accommodation and comfort. Facilities include an executive floor and lounge, ballroom and 5 meetings rooms equipped with the latest technologies. The excellent dining options include an international restaurant, a new Asian concept, delicatessen, terrace cafe, lobby lounge and 24 hour room service, while the recreational facilities include a spa and well equipped gym.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provides positive leadership to all people within the Food & Beverage Department. Recognizing that productivity and customer satisfaction are best achieved via a positive workforce; it is expected that recruitment, training, motivation, working conditions, internal communications, quality control, employee empowerment and staff recognition will be managed in a manner to ensure a positive and productive staff.
- Acts as a positive, contributing member within the hotel’s management - encouraging communication, cooperation and assistance among all staff.
- Develops a comprehensive business plan for the Food & Beverage Department. To report and explain to outlet managers financial objectives and actual results on an ongoing basis.
- Follows up with the outlet, train the trainers that the training program is successfully and maintains for the continuing development of job skills for all employees of the Food & Beverage Department.
Develops and supports Profit Centres in supporting Centre Managers, honouring their “Management Charters” and allowing them independence and authority necessary true Centre Manager status.
- Coordinates on a day to day basis with outlet managers the smooth running of the operation.
- Five to seven years progressive food and beverage managerial experience, preferably in an upscale hotel or high volume food service facility.
- Extensive knowledge of the restaurant and/or food service industry.
- Ability to manage the financial aspects of a food and beverage operations.