2nd Electrician/2nd ETO
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises® brands.
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising. Most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising®, which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility on the most contemporary ships at sea.
Oceania Cruises is the clear market leader in the upper premium cruise segment featuring the finest cuisine at sea, elegant accommodations, impeccable service and destination-driven itineraries.
Regent Seven Seas Cruises redefined upscale cruising and is the market leader in the luxury cruise segment with all-suite accommodations, highly personalized service and the industry’s most inclusive luxury experience, featuring round-trip air, inclusive luxury hotel stays, unlimited shore excursions and open bar throughout the ship among its numerous included amenities.
Countless career opportunities for you.
The 2nd Electro Technical Officer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the electrical plant and associated electrical systems as designated by the Chief Electro Technical Officer and Chief Engineer.
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- Regular reporting to update Chief Engineer/Chief Electro Technical Officer of any issues with the electrical system under his/her responsibility.
- Specific Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Onboard Elevator and Escalator System.
- Onboard Galley Equipment.
- Onboard Laundry Equipment.
- Under the instruction and guidance of the Chief Electro Technical Officer, assist in the maintenance and repair of the Vessel’s Electrical generation/distribution and Propulsion Plants.
- Under the instruction of the Chief Electro Technical Officer, be available to assist with the Vessel’s Engine Room Electrical Systems.
Education and Experience
- 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
- 6 months previous experience onboard Ocean going vessels is required.
- Elevator Maintenance and Repair Experience.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.