Assistant Systems Manager
Come join our team!
Job Title: Assistant Systems Manager
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Assistant Systems Manager works closely with Systems Manager, Manager of Ship Systems and IT Technical Support Department personnel at corporate office as well to maintain hardware, cabling systems, networks, software and other technical issues. This position assists the Systems Manager in maintaining all IT systems and equipment onboard vessel and provides general support of systems and procedural activities in all departments onboard the vessel.
- Performs daily, voyage, monthly and other computer operations as detailed in Run Books, onboard and Intranet documentation and as requested by shore side IT Management and Support Teams.
- Responsible for reporting and documenting professionally all system changes (hardware, software etc.)
- Provide onboard support and maintenance for all company IT assets, applications, software and hardware, including but not limited to workstations, POS terminals, printers, scanners, peripheral attached devices, mobile devices, networking devices, servers and related hardware.
- Critical calls, issues or requests - high impact on revenue, guest satisfaction, ship operation - must be responded promptly and professionally 24/7.
- Provides users basic training support in use of common PC software and specialized Property Management Systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Highschool diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Other certifications or formal training in IT systems currently in use onboard the vessels from a recognized educational institution are preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office products, Fidelio Cruise Management, Micros - POS Management systems is required.
- Must have Intermediate knowledge and experience working with all types of operating systems, including but not limited to: Microsoft, Android, Linux, and Unix.
- Must have Intermediate knowledge and understanding of specifications of the software to be installed in the computers and make necessary pre-installations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.