Waiter - Mandarin Speakers
Come join our team!
Waiter leads the service for food and beverage in an assigned station in the restaurants or buffet. He ensures that guests are consistently provided with courteous, prompt and efficient service according to company standards. He is responsible for assisting with the on-going training of Assistant Waiters, assists with Room Service deliveries as needed.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Minimum two year experience as a front waiter with fine dining and banquet service experience in any of the following settings: 3 Star – 4 Star land-based hotel/resort; free-standing restaurant with at least 180 seats; or previous shipboard experience in a similar position is required.
- Minimum one year experience selling and serving wine and other beverage products is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Associates Degree, Secondary Education Degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Certificate of completion in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures from a recognized institution is required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.