Laundry Person - Mandarin Language
- Job Level
Come join our team!
Job Title: Laundry Person
Department: Hotel - Housekeeping
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
To provide professional laundry and dry cleaning service to guests, crew and departments on board and within the limits of established company policy and procedures. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Proficient in the use and care of all equipment, including but not limited to, the pressing machine, towel folders, washing machines, dryers, dry cleaning machines, irons, presses, etc.
- Responsible for the storing, cleaning and distribution of all linens, towels, table linens, costumes, guest/crew laundry and dry cleaning, includes washing, spot cleaning, dry cleaning, pressing, folding and properly preparing items for return to operations to guest/crew.
- Perform proper washing and dry cleaning procedures in accordance to machine instructions and care requirements.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of work areas and machinery. All machinery to be dusted on a routine basis.
- Provide assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day (i.e., stripping bed and pillows, removing linen, towels, chinaware, glassware, and garbage from the rooms; collecting and removing the bags of soiled linens and towels; sanitizing the ice bucket, lid, coffee carafe, and coffee filter basket; vacuuming staterooms and guest corridors for assigned stateroom sections).
- Must perform and meet standards set by USPH and SEMS Rules and Regulations.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- One year of experience operating and maintaining various types of laundry, dry cleaning, pressing, and folding machines is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of English verbal and writing skills is required.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.