Cage Cashier - Mandarin Speakers
Come join our team!
Job Title: Cage Cashier
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
Casino Cashier is the front line personnel that deal directly with guest transactions and enquiries in an efficient and friendly manner at the casino cage. Cashier is required to manage a cashier float that must be able to be executed and be maintained at the standards enlisted by the department.
- Adhere to Finance Department Policy & Procedures at all times.
- Perform window transaction such as bill breaks, tickets and chips redemption, lotto sales, pull tabs cashing etc.
- Prepare and verify table fills and credit
- Correctly enter and process Jackpots pay outs
- Issue markers and receive marker payment, process markers in Gaming system
- Ensure adequate cash levels in bank and place cash request if necessary
- Ensure the cash float is secured at all times.
- Balance cash float daily and declare non-balances.
- Obtain reports from Fidelio, Lotto and Oasis to use a back-up for balance sheet
- Prepare and log Change machine fills
- Perform credit card advances and assures that procedures are followed
- Prepare for table count, verify table openers, fills, credits and closers in order to calculate “ need” figure
- During the count, enters cash, fills and credit into Gaming System and assure accuracy
- Perform bills collection along with other members of collection team
- Perform Bill count
- Minimum one year of full time cashier experience in a casino, as a bank teller or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of six months of prior Casino experience is preferred.
- Minimum of six months of prior accounting experience is preferred.
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced Typing and Computer software Skills: Microsoft Word & Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, IBM AS400, Fidelio, Micros.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.