Full job details
A Laundry Manager is responsible for running laundry department operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing stock ordering and supplier relationships.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As a Laundry Manager, you are responsible for running laundry department operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Laundry Manager will also be required to manage weekly stock ordering and liaise with suppliers to ensure best quality products at acceptable costs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Run Laundry Department operations
- Manage, train and develop the Laundry team
- Ensure that linen and housekeeping supplies are ordered and controlled in line with Business and Events
- Control monthly stock levels and complete monthly stock takes, control stock losses to a minimum
- Manage weekly stock ordering to ensure par levels are maintained
- Raise all purchase orders in line with business forecast and needs and reconciles invoices
- Manage customer service issues quickly and effectively
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure best quality products at an acceptable cost
- Manage forecasts, budgets and capital equipment requests
- Ensure team members adhere to all Health and Safety Regulations
- Carry out any other reasonable task set by the hotels management
A Laundry Manager serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- IT proficient
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous hotel or leisure sector experience
- Previous experience at Supervisory level