Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the resourceful operation of the CCTV, access control and Security Control Room.
- Operate and monitor all systems within the Control Centre in an efficient manner ensuring all is undertaken in compliance with the operating procedures, legislation and the codes of practice.
- Record all events and actions taken in a clear, legible and accurate writing format. To provide and efficient and courteous radio and telephone answering service and deal efficiently with all enquiries.
- Report equipment failure to the site supervisor to maximize operation of the system.
- Ensure the CCTV roster is covered at all times.
- Provide such cover to CCTV shifts as required maintaining continuity of CCTV monitoring.
- Be responsible, whilst on duty, to determine and take the appropriate action required in response to any incident monitors or call received.
- Maintain an appropriate log of events.
- Keeps the CCTV monitoring and related equipment in a clean and tidy condition at all times.
- Preparing incident reports and taking recommended appropriate follow up actions.
- Staff the security control room and operate all the functions, to agreed levels, within it including CCTV, alarm and telephonic and radio systems, as well as the distribution of keys, recording details in the logbook as appropriate.
- Direct patrolling security officers to attend incidents and help co-ordinate situations with the Supervisor.
- Attend and pro-actively deal with any security-related incident, as directed by the control room operator, supervisor or other member of facilities management staff.
- Record all incidents in the appropriate format and write concise and accurate incident reports as necessary
- Monitor All the external & internal exit and entry doors and specially the fire exit roots and if any unusual activities/movement informing to Security Supervisor.
- Proficiency in English
- Must be responsible with an aptitude in problem-solving
- A team player with high level of dedication