Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION S AND MAIN DUTIES
- Work with sales team in various ongoing projects including:
- The upkeep of marketing collateral required for the efficient functioning of the department
- Developing marketing materials as well as supervising the upkeep of sales kits in accordance with M&C brand standards
- Developing group proposals for specific clients and target markets, p res entations, proposals and other sales /marketing collateral
- Updating the design and copy of sales collateral
- Manage inventory of office material and inventory within the S & M budget
- Attend weekly sales meetings, prepare minutes of the sales meeting and month end statistics and reports
- Respond in timely manner to Sales Managers requests, sales needs and handle all incoming requests appropriately and accurate
- Assist in competition hotel surveys and rate checks
- Managing the database of current sales team, leads and quotes, and providing market intelligence and analysis when required
- Maintains and update Decision makers and Bookers database and birthday lists.
- Takes the overall res ponsibility for performing secretarial and office duties (filing, scheduling, channeling information, etc.) for Director of Sales & Marketing
- Handles and manages all administrative matters for the day-to-day sales activities within the sales office, being familiar with the major relevant Millennium Hotels & Resorts standards relevant to the area of res ponsibility as well as the local/domestic policies and procedu res
- Maintains a proper business cor res pondence, memoranda, reports and forms, including those of confidential nature.
- Maintains a filing system for data, memorandum and cor res pondence including proposals and contracts to be sent out to clients and suppliers
- Proposal Listing Update. All new proposals sent to the company should have hard copy need to file in pink folder and need to update in proposal listing in h drive.
- Rooming list monitoring- always monitor the group rooming list details and ensure that everything is correct and communicated to the res ervations. Always suggest to the company (for their confirmed group) to use the rooming list and update guest details.
- Group consumption update- based in the books and confirmed group for each month
- Check the sales pigeon box before, after lunchtime, and before going home. Give mail received to the res pective person.
- Trace File Monitoring - Any for trace, please ask the DOSM for assistance.
- Answering and channeling phone calls, arranging and reminding appointments for DOSM.
- Receives and screens office callers and visitors schedules and sets up appointments.
- Receives, and sorts all incoming mail, dispatches outgoing mail.
- Coordinates hotel collateral, direct mail campaign and incoming and outgoing mail.
- Keeps trace for daily briefings regarding follow-up and important information to be prepared for the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Master list – Update master list of existing clients on a monthly list
- Welcome letters- need to make a welcome letters for arrival list for the following day and list will come from each SM.
- Sales Promotional Items- always ensure the sales shelves have the promotional items.
- Must be able to take initiative and introduces new ideas
- Great client service, phone skills
- Organizational ability
- Able to work in fast-paced environment; meet strict deadlines
- Multi-tasking is a must
- Passionate, pro-active, and detail-oriented professional with ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- High level of enthusiasm, functions well in a team-driven and highly creative environment.
- Ability to interface with people at all levels within the organization.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.