Commis I - Pastry
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the production, preparation and presentation of food are of the highest quality at all times.
- Ensuring and controlling levels of guest satisfaction, quality, and operations within set food costs on an ongoing basis.
- To set and maintain standards of food preparation and service commensurate with the standing of the hotel by regularly inspecting perishable food items for quality and quantity and ensuring that personal grooming and appearance standards are met regarding cleanliness, sanitation and hygiene
- To ensure the department is operated within the appropriate legislation and the appropriate records are maintained up-to-date, including health & safety, hygiene, equal opportunities, HACCP and any other legislation as appropriate.
- Also ensuring that all policies and procedures laid down by management are implemented
- Carry out any other duties as required by management.
- Support the Demi Chef de Partie in the daily operation and work
- Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
- Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
- Control food stock and food cost in his section
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate Superiors to complete the daily tasks
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major is preferable
- 2 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Must be able to multi task and work under pressure